Alzheimer's Disease in India Consultancy Service

If you have a project, contact us for advice at hendi.lingiah@gmail.com

Join our Family Caregivers, Volunteers and Care Professionals on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

"How to get an Alzheimer's Patient to Shower".

From Alzheimer's Reading Room :


5 Tips, How to get an Alzheimer's Patient to Shower


..."I noticed that when my mother took her cloths off she would say every single time - I'm cold, I'm freezing. Now I wasn't cold, I was hot. We had to keep our home at 78 degrees or Dotty would say, I'm freezing. I adjusted to that problem.
The tip. Turn the shower on and adjust the temperature of the water to - just right for a shower.
Close the bathroom door so the room warms up. You know that nice feeling you get when it is nice and toasty in the bathroom. Make sure you close the door in the bathroom, and then go back to step one."...

link: http://www.alzheimersreadingroom.com/2014/04/5-tips-how-to-get-alzheimers-patient-to.html

No comments: